The Communiverse — our wonderful visual tool that shows you how you and your friends and your friends of friends are all connected to each other — has just gotten a whole load of new functionality built into it:
- Who’s Online — Now you can see which of your friends are online on the Communiverse itself. Online friends will be highlighted with a green dot on the top right hand corner of their profile picture. Friends that are online but idle will be distinguished with a clear dot.
- Edit friend connection — Click on anyone in your Communiverse and their mini namecard which contains their current location and status will appear. If this person is a friend, you will be able to edit how you got to know him or her, with the help of the first icon that appears right below the profile picture..
- Send a message — With a single click of this button, you can send a private message to the user that will land in his/her inbox.
- Send a ShoutOut — You can also choose to send a ShoutOut with the next button. ShoutOuts are by default public, ie., all members on Gays.com will be able able to view them by default.
- Show photos — You can also view someone’s photos without leaving the Communiverse. Be warned though: This is where you will waste hours upon hours of time!
- Recommend friends — If you see any of your friends all lonely and friendless on Gays.com, help them get connected by recommending friends on your list that they know!